Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Getaway 2010!

This past weekend I had the priveledge to go to Fall Getaway! It was soooo amazing! I wasn't going to go because I had to work and had taken the previous weekend off to go camping with my family and felt bad asking for this weekend off. But Pat Mathias said it was no excuse not to ask and alls they could say was no. So I asked and instead of 11-7 shift on friday I worked 11-1 and got the rest of the weekend off! And boy am I glad I did! Fall Getaway was soo much fun. I learned so much and met a lot of great people and made stronger relationships with all the friends I went there with!
One of the best parts was the break out session Brenda Maitke did. It was called the key to thriving in relationships. She talked about conflict resolution and forgiveness. How we need to resolve our conflicts and truly forgive that person. I truly believe that God was speaking to me because in my bible I have these little inserts that have little devotionals on them and I looked down at it and it was talking about the same thing. And then again that night in the main session forgiveness was brought up.
Now for me and the whole conflict thing, I am just really struggling with it. I mean I have tried to resolve things a couple of times, but I don't feel that the feeling was mutual. I guess I just gave up trying, and I guess I'm struggling with if I should keep trying or wait and see if the other person comes to me. I really do feel like God wants me to keep trying, but then again I feel like its pointless? So I guess it's something I'll have to keep praying about and try and figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment